I shared these easy Spider Crackers on KTLA-TV last year, along with some other healthy Halloween treats for kids, and they were such a hit that I had to post them on my blog again this year!
I love these Spider Crackers because:
(1) They’re easy! You only need 4 ingredients, and most of them you probably already have in your pantry!
(2) They’re customizable. Can’t take nut butter to school? Make these with sunflower seed butter or cream cheese instead! Don’t like raisins? Try currants or mini chocolate chips! Want a healthier cracker? Opt for whole wheat instead of regular Ritz crackers. Any round cracker of your choice will do!
(3) Halloween is often the kickoff to a holiday season filled with non-stop sugar, so it’s nice to create a savory festive treat for a healthy change! As a parent, I really try to limit our kids’ sugar intake where we can this time of year!
(4) They’re festive and versatile! Make these with your kids for an after-school snack, drop them in lunchboxes, or serve them at the class Halloween party!
(5) Your kids will love making these with you!
If you’re looking for more healthy Halloween snack ideas you can make with your kids, check out my segment that aired on KTLA-TV last year, below, or read my blog post here.
Spider Crackers Recipe
- Round crackers (try Whole Wheat Ritz!)
- Pretzel sticks
- Peanut butter (or your preferred nut/sunflower seed butter) or spreadable cream cheese
- Small dried fruit like raisins, blueberries, cranberries, or Wilton Edible Candy Eyeballs
- Spread nut butter, seed butter, or cream cheese on two crackers thick enough to hold pretzels
- Break 4 pretzels in half
- Place the 8 half pretzel sticks around one cracker to resemble spider legs
- Top the cracker with the second cracker to secure the legs and make a sandwich
- Dip 2 dried fruit pieces in the nut butter or cream cheese and stick them to the top of the spider cracker sandwich to resemble eyes
- Enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to a week
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love. For more information about affiliates and your privacy, view our Terms & Conditions page here.