Rice Krispy Treats are a classic childhood favorite! I wanted to make our homemade version more special than what you can get at the store, so I added peanut butter to the recipe and dipped them in chocolate! Make these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats festive for a holiday or themed party by adding colored sprinkles. We made these treats for spring, so I used pink and blue sprinkles!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 5-¾ cups Rice Krispies
- Dark or White Melting Wafers
- Your favorite sprinkles
- Spray an 9″x 13″ (or 8″x 8″ for thicker bars) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 4 quart sauce pan, melt butter on low heat. Do this slowly, you don’t want burned or brown butter here.
- Once butter has melted, keep heat on low and add mini marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows begin to soften and melt, add peanut butter.
- At this point, you will need to constantly stir the mixture so the peanut butter does not burn and the marshmallows can evenly melt (won’t take too long, about 5 minutes or so).
- Once, mixture is combined and melted, turn off heat and remove pan from stove.
- Add Rice Krispy cereal to sauce pan and stir until evenly coated with mixture. This is sticky stuff so do your best to get it all combined.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish (it will look very loose.) Spray your hand with some nonstick cooking spray and pat down the mixture until firmly compacted.
- Allow 30-45 minutes for treats to set up. Cut into small squares or rectangles.
- Melt white or dark melting wafers in a small bowl according to package instructions.
- Dip one end of Rice Krispy treat into bowl of chocolate, top chocolate with sprinkles and place on parchment paper to set for 15-20 minutes.
I love adding these Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats to themed dessert boards! Check out my tips to make a great treat board here!
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love. For more information about affiliates and your privacy, view our Terms & Conditions page here.