Rice Krispy Treats are a classic childhood favorite! I wanted to make our homemade version more special than what you can get at the store, so I added peanut butter to the recipe and dipped them in chocolate! Make these Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats festive for a holiday or themed party by adding colored sprinkles. We made these treats for spring, so I used pink and blue sprinkles!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 5-¾ cups Rice Krispies
- Dark or White Melting Wafers
- Your favorite sprinkles
- Spray an 9″x 13″ (or 8″x 8″ for thicker bars) casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 4 quart sauce pan, melt butter on low heat. Do this slowly, you don’t want burned or brown butter here.
- Once butter has melted, keep heat on low and add mini marshmallows.
- Once marshmallows begin to soften and melt, add peanut butter.
- At this point, you will need to constantly stir the mixture so the peanut butter does not burn and the marshmallows can evenly melt (won’t take too long, about 5 minutes or so).
- Once, mixture is combined and melted, turn off heat and remove pan from stove.
- Add Rice Krispy cereal to sauce pan and stir until evenly coated with mixture. This is sticky stuff so do your best to get it all combined.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish (it will look very loose.) Spray your hand with some nonstick cooking spray and pat down the mixture until firmly compacted.
- Allow 30-45 minutes for treats to set up. Cut into small squares or rectangles.
- Melt white or dark melting wafers in a small bowl according to package instructions.
- Dip one end of Rice Krispy treat into bowl of chocolate, top chocolate with sprinkles and place on parchment paper to set for 15-20 minutes.
This Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats recipe was adapted from The Country Cook‘s original recipe, found here.
I love adding these Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats to themed dessert boards! Check out my tips to make a great treat board here!
Let me know if you plan to try these and what color sprinkles you’ll use in the comments below! Follow me on Instagram or TikTok for more fun ideas for the family!
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love. For more information about affiliates and your privacy, view our Terms & Conditions page here.
One thought on “Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats”