The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday! It’s the best of summer all rolled into one day — family, friends, BBQ, parties, yummy treats, fun drinks, great music, and fireworks!
We’re hosting our first big Fourth of July party at our house this year, and it’s a party I’ve been dreaming of hosting ever since we bought this home almost five years ago! We finally finished our backyard remodel last fall, and I can’t wait for everyone to enjoy our pool and great view of fireworks from our balcony this year!
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I love cooking and hosting parties. But, when it comes to hosting a really big party, like we are this year for July 4th, I’m all about making dishes that are simple, quick, and festive! That’s why I look for easy recipes that can feed a crowd but look fun to eat, too!
Enter: Red, White and Blue Fruit Skewers!
Because beautiful red strawberries and sweet blueberries are in season, it’s easy to add patriotic color to your July 4th party table. I love these Red, White and Blue Fruit because they’re fun to make AND eat! Your kids will love helping you assemble them! Just make sure they’re old enough to handle a wooden skewer without poking themselves! I love the mini marshmallows in this recipe because they instantly upgrade your treat from a simple fruit skewer to a dessert!
Here’s how to make Red, White and Blue Fruit Skewers!
Red, White and Blue Fruit Skewers Recipe:
- Wash and dry strawberries and blueberries
- Cut strawberries to match the size of blueberries and mini marshmallows
- Thread berries and marshmallows onto skewer in red, white and blue pattern
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy within 24 hours.
Other Ideas for July 4th Fruit Skewers:
- Swap out mini marshmallows for bananas or angel food cake
- Try other blackberries or raspberries instead of blueberries and strawberries
- Use mini star shaped cookie cutters to make festive shapes out of the strawberries or angel food cake
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love. For more information about affiliates and your privacy, view our Terms & Conditions page here.