If you’re looking for an impressive July 4th dessert that takes little effort, this festive red, white and blue trifle checks all the boxes! It’s yummy, easy, and fun! This dessert is sure to be the hit of your July 4th party!
This “almost homemade” July 4th trifle is made with simple ingredients easily found at your local grocer: pre-made angel food cake, Cool Whip, strawberries and blueberries – that’s it!! If you don’t have a trifle dish, you could use a large clear glass bowl. This recipe is perfect for a 2.5 to 3-quart trifle dish. I used a large 5.5-quart trifle bowl, so I doubled this recipe.
The red, white and blue from the strawberries, blueberries and Cool Whip makes it perfect for the Fourth of July! Once you’re finished assembling the trifle, create a pretty flag design with the berries as a topper for an Instagram-worthy party table centerpiece!
Easy July 4th Trifle
- 1 13-16 oz. angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (easiest if pre-made from your grocer’s bakery or you can also do a simple cake mix)
- 1 quart sliced strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 8 oz. containers Cool Whip
- *reserve a few strawberries and blueberries for topping
- In a 2.5 to 3-quart trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer half of the angel food cake, strawberries, blueberries and then one container whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining angel food cake, strawberries, blueberries and second container whipped topping.
- Create an American flag design with your remaining blueberries and strawberries to top your trifle.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Best enjoyed within 24 hours.
Watch me make this Easy July 4th Trifle on Instagram:
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love. For more information about affiliates and your privacy, view our Terms & Conditions page here.