Why, hello! However the Internet got you here, welcome!
This website serves as a destination to share about things that interest me – travel, design, mommy-baby stuff, favorite beauty and fashion finds, and mental health awareness. I hope this will be a place to connect with other moms and modern women as I blog about my favorite products and little hacks to make my life more simple and beautiful as a working mom with two babies.
Here’s some interesting facts about me:
- I live in Southern California but was raised primarily in Texas. I also lived in Tennessee and North Carolina before the age of 15.
- I have a broadcast journalism degree from The University of Texas at Austin, where I was in a sorority and on the pom squad.
- I have two babies (one boy and one girl) and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
- Like every good Southern Belle, I participated in beauty pageants from age 7 to 20. That was BEFORE the craziness of “Toddlers & Tiaras!”
- I used to be a huge theater
nerdenthusiast and performed in community theater for the majority of my childhood.
- Swimming, soccer and field hockey were my favorite sports growing up. I also joined the basketball team to make friends when my family moved, but I was terrible!
- I took French for nine years but still haven’t been to France! On my bucket list!
- Favorite pastimes include reading, writing in my journal, cooking, hiking, running, decorating our home, listening to music, and spending the day poolside or at the beach with my family.
- My favorite date nights with my husband involve comedy shows or concerts.
- My favorite places to vacation thus far are Kauai, Los Cabos, St. Barth and Turks & Caicos (I favor beach destinations), but I also adore quick weekend escapes to Las Vegas, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara.
- I’ve interviewed Garry Marshall, Lisa Kudrow, Ed Helms, Kristin Cavallari, Jayne Seymour, Kirk Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Snoop Dogg, will.i.am, Holly Madison, among other celebrities when I was working in entertainment news and PR.
- I started writing in a journal when I was 7 and have been writing in one ever since – I have almost 20 volumes!
- I am the youngest of three children and have two older brothers. My brother, Yancey, suffered from bipolar disorder and took his own life when he was 28 years old. I’m extremely passionate about mental health, suicide prevention and mental health anti-stigmatization.
- I always liked working or having my own business. I started a dog-sitting business when I was 9 and became a Red Cross certified babysitter when I was 12. I started lifeguarding when I was 15 and always had a job or internship in college.
- My husband and I purchased our first house in 2017 and we recently just completed a major remodel. I’m currently working on decorating the interior. It’s been quite the process but really fun! I’ll share some behind-the-scenes of the remodel and decor process on the blog.
Looking forward to connecting and sharing more of my passions and experiences with you!