Spring is upon us, and I’m definitely ready for a refresh! Since springtime is all about renewal, now is a perfect time to check-in with yourself and determine if you are getting the self-care you need to become the person you want to be.
Now, let’s talk self-care… Everyone says how important it is to incorporate self-care into your habits, but I think some people confuse self-care with self-maintenance. For me, sometimes the best self-care is a walk alone, writing in my journal or reading a good book rather than getting my nails done or wearing a face mask.
I know that I’m in desperate need of some self-care when I feel out of “flow.” I always felt like life had a flow to it, but I never knew how to identify and lean into it until I listened to Oprah Winfrey speaking about flow on her “Super Soul Sunday” podcast. Basically, every person’s life has a flow, or a frequency, with their name on it. Your flow is your inner voice, your life’s intention and purpose. When you’re out of flow, you don’t feel right. And, when you’re out of your flow, it’s your #1 job to figure out how to get back into your flow in order to take care of your wellbeing (and the wellbeing of those around you).
When I’m feeling out of flow, I practice self-care to get back to my true self. I take a long bubble bath to relax my mind; I spend time writing in my journal writing down all my worries and dreams; I get dressed and put on a full face of makeup in the morning even if I’m not going anywhere, because it makes me feel good (when you look good, you feel good). To do these things, I have to wait for the kids to go to bed or ask my husband to spend more time with them. But when I engage in self-care, I’m able to come back to center, feel more like myself, and continue on my FLOW.
Here’s some of my favorite self-care items that are easily found on Amazon! I put them in two categories – fun & flirty and sexy & sophisticated to fit your springtime mood… I think I’m a bit of both! Add a new candle, journal, silk pillowcase, or one of these other products to your cart to begin your self-care practice ASAP!
- Silk Charmeuse Hair Scrunchy
- Pink Yeti Coffee Mug
- Dr. Teal’s Foaming Bath
- Diptyque Mimosa Candle
- Slip Silk Sleep Mask, Pink
- Madison Park Duke Reversible Fur Throw, Blush
- Moleskine Cahier Journal, Persian Lilac
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial
- Women’s Cross Band Soft Plush Fleece Pink Slippers
- Tahari Womens Sparkle Sherpa Warm Robe Bathrobe
- “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle
- Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Mist
- Diptyque Grey Feu de Bois Candle
- Canvas One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Journal
- High Waisted Yoga Pants with Pockets
- OPI Nail Polish, Funny Bunny
- Satin Hair Scrunchies
- Silk Pillowcase for Hair and Skin
- Women’s Cross Band Soft Plush Slippers, Beige
- White Yeti Rambler
- Dead Sea Salt Organic Body Scrub
- Honest Beauty Tinted Lip Balm
- Black Lightweight Short Robe
- Blue-Light Blocking Glasses
- Faux Fur Cheetah Print Throw Blanket
I hope you all find some time to practice self-care soon. Let me know your fave self-care products or practices by connecting with me on Instagram!
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: Some of this post contains affiliate links for the products I use and LOVE. If you take action on these links (like clicking, buying, etc.), I may receive compensation at no cost to you. As always, all opinions are my own, and I’ll only recommend what I truly love.